Sunday, September 17, 2017

Self-introduction Post #1



Family comes first
Hello viewers and peers, my name is Dorian Johnson, and welcome to my blogger. I'm a junior here at Westfield State University, I applied too this school in hopes to further/expand my education to develop a better understanding in the works of the criminal justice field, and understanding the meaning of being a police officer. Overall the career I hope to pursue is to work in some form of law enforcement; local police work or Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section. 

A little bit of my personal life; I live in somewhat of a small town just north of Boston called Reading. I've been living here since I believe when I was either eight or nine years old. Living with both my parents, my one sister, and our two cats; patches and cheese-ball. From time to time I do miss being at home, but I'm glad to be among my peers and a few of my teammates. Beside while I was at home, I was usually spending a majority of my time on the Xbox. Other than that, in regards to outdoors achieves I'm either out on the track training or playing a pick-up game of soccer among the lads.

Here are some of the things I'm interested in 

1) Traveling; I love the idea of traveling; seeing new faces and witnessing first hand different landscapes that you might have seen from either a magazine or on any form of social media. But to see it in person, in real life is a whole different story. Life is to short and it's best to go out and enjoy yourself, because after six months you have to start paying student loans. My best friend Will and I had made a pack over the course of our time in middle school, that we will one-day travel across all 50 states. We hope to start our travel after we graduate. 


2) Track: Track is the second thing I'm most interested in, what got me to doing track in the first place was soccer. Long story short, everyone who watch me out on the pitch saw how fast I was both; coaches, refs, strangers, and friend's family member always came up to me and commented on how fast I was and recommend/mention that I should take my ability out on the track. Heading into my freshmen year of high school I gave it a shot. I learn/develop so many skills from the world of track and field; to respect other, be humble, mental toughness, and the drive to want to better myself.

Questions:
  • Favorite event(s) to watch?: 100m and 400m 
  • What events do you run?: Anything between the 100 up to the mile 
  • Who is favorite athletic?: Wade Van Niekerk or Tyson Gay 
  • If you can get sponsor by any brand which would it be?: Nike or Adidas 

 3) Soccer: I grew-up playing soccer since I was very little, even to this today I'm still doing something that involves soccer that's either; playing FIFA, watching the boys at Real Madrid banging in goals, or playing a little pick-up game of our own. If I could get better at another sport, most definitely would be soccer without any question about it. In fact, most of this summer I was player soccer with the lads out on the pitch. After a stressful year of track two seasons ago, I had reconnected with the sport I once loved and really had acted as a scapegoat, to push myself away from both school and track. Overall however, the one key thing I picked up on from soccer is the fact that you're going to get knock down, and the best thing to do is get back up. It's easy for one to fall down and to just give up as a whole, but to get back up and try again is not easy as it looks, however once you fine the will, the motive the reward is even greater.

 Questions: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just for kicks with some of the guys; messing around on the pitch