Thursday, September 28, 2017

Introduction: My interest



"Strive to be better then everyone else"
Photo Credits: Kriston M / Major: Criminal Justice / Grad Year: 2020

As you all might know, I'm a athlete here at Westfield State University. I've been running track since my freshmen year of high school. I started running track because many people; family, friends, and strangers mentioned how I should run track. Also I had played soccer since I was four years old and had played all the way up till the end of middle school. Every time after my games I would either get the refs, strangers, or family members of my teammates mentioning to me how fast I am. Eventually I gave it a try. I'm glad I did, track had really change my life and had taught me many things; to be humble, respect others, taking care of your body etc. Personally for me it was a great way to make friends.

Run with a reason

Whenever I'm about to start a race there is always one person that always run through my mind, my mom. She is a breast cancer survivor, and I remember it was really hard for me to see her in so much pain the times she was going through treatment. But she managed to keep her head tall and remain strong as she was going through this challenge. I never told her this, maybe because I didn't want to see her cry, but I know she would be proud that I'm doing it for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just for kicks with some of the guys; messing around on the pitch